The incumbent collaborates with the CfA and external partners to define, implement, and continuously support: services, programs, and collections that enhance research, teaching, learning, and access to resources at Wolbach. The community served by the Wolbach Library includes Smithsonian staff, Harvard faculty and staff, students, post-docs, the international astronomy community, and the public.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparation, coordination, execution and assessment of collaborative projects, programs, and events
- Develops collaborative project objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility; reports and escalates to management as needed.
- Ensures that projects are delivered on-time, within scope
- Creates, maintains, and shares comprehensive project documentation with library staff
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging trends in learning science, research methodologies, and research services
- Conducts outreach and collaborates with current library stakeholders (e.g. NASA/SAO ADS), as well as stakeholders who are infrequent users or nonusers of the library and its services
- Strives to provide equitable delivery of library services through the development of programs, practices, and behaviors which allow the library to actively support all members of the library’s community
- Contributes to Wolbach’s monthly reports as required
- Participates in daily circulation desk staffing
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513469500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.