This position is part of the TX G4, MATES, and is located in Gatesville, Texas. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, and inspections on the electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical components on armored vehicle turrets.Learn more about this agency
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
As a ARTILLERY REPAIRER (Title 32) with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs maintenance on the electrical system of the turrets. Repairs the stabilization control systems, circuit breakers, distribution boxes, cables, and wiring system, points and all other electrical components in the turret. Replaces Line Replaceable Units (LRUs).
- Tests and repairs electrical test sets that are used to test the electrical systems of the tank turret. Follows schematic diagrams and relays to determine if there is malfunction in the test equipment.
- Repairs the hydraulic system, which provides the pressure to elevate and traverse the gun and rotate the turret. Repairs hydraulic valves which control the motion to ensure safety, these are controlled by electrical solenoids. Repairs the hydraulic motors, the elevating systems, the recoil systems and all other hydraulic parts and components in the turret.
- Repairs all mechanical parts involved in turret traversing, such as the traversing gearbox including the clutch assembly, and turret races including cupola bearings. Repairs the gears and bearings in the gearbox. Repairs all small gear drive components including those required to raise and lower the gun.
- Services the gun by exercising the recoil system to check for leaks in the seals. Borescopes the gun tube to check for wear. Makes recoil adapter readings to determine that the adapter and collar are serviceable.
- May also work on ITVs, howitzers, and other less complex equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513414300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.