This career-ladder position is located in the Office of Volunteer Recruitment and Selection (VRS)/Office of Placement. The Placement Officer is responsible for the central coordination of the Peace Corps Volunteer Delivery System; evaluation and selection of Peace Corps Volunteer applicants; issuance of invitations to training; historical context regarding fill rates for Peace Corps programs and monitoring of same.Learn more about this agency
The Volunteer Placement and Assessment Specialist (Placement Officer) performs the following major duties:
- Data and Information Analysis- Participates in Agency review of host country projects as requested by supervisor. The incumbent analyzes stable or simple administrative and/or program issues while performing the duties associated with the Peace Corps Volunteer Delivery System for designated skill and/or geographic areas.
- Candidate Evaluation- Conducts interviews to determine candidate's suitability, competitiveness, professional qualifications, and skills for Peace Corps service.
- Teamwork, Training & Orientation - Participates in such Placement projects as annual revision of the Trainee Request Handbook, Guide to Placement, etc.. Provides suggestions and recommendations to Placement Supervisors, Director of Placement, and VRS Chief of Operations as requested.
- Placement Advisory Services - Assists in the identification and dissemination of Post-specific materials. Provides customer service to candidates through regular communication, to assist them in understanding and moving smoothly through the Volunteer Delivery System.
- Candidate Screening & Processing- Provides candidates with information on the Agency's placement procedures. Establishes rapport with candidates via telephone and other communication methods to resolve questions of skill competencies or suitability raised in the evaluation process. Screens candidate files for completeness and determines if candidate meets legal, skill, and suitability criteria, using established guidelines to make an objective and thorough review of candidate file.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513232700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.