The Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. These Student Trainee positions will be filled as Intern appointments. The appointments are indefinite and are expected to last for the duration of the student's academic attendance.Learn more about this agency
These positions are designed to provide a career-oriented introduction to the background, philosophy, concepts, and scope of the Forest Service engineering programs and a practical understanding of the policies of the employing organization. Assignments are developmental in nature and, in conjunction with formal education, the employee will gain the necessary competencies for a career in civil engineering.
Duties listed below are for a GS-0810-09:
- Conducts preliminary site investigations to obtain field data on existing structures, drainage areas, topography, and feasibility layout of facilities, in relation to terrain.
- Performs location reconnaissance and flags routes along corridors established by the transportation plan and in conformity with logging system requirements. Prepares location reports. Determines and recommends alternate locations based on designated standards, management resource needs, and preliminary cost estimates.
- Uses aerial photos, topographic maps, and knowledge of soil mechanics to investigate various routes for proposed roads and trials.
Positions in the following locations are full performance GS-09 and BU eligible:
- Eureka, CA - For additional information, please contact Victor Dumlao at 707-441-3654 or email@example.com
- South Lake Tahoe, CA - For additional information, please contact Michael Gabor at 530-543-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coeur d'Alene, ID - For additional information, please contact Heath Perrine at 208-765-7408 or email@example.com
- Orofino and Kooskia, ID - For additional information, please contact Susan Graves at 208-935-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamilton, MT - For additional information, please contact Amber Richardson at 406-363-7160 or email@example.com
- Corvallis, Springfield, and Sandy, OR - For additional information, please contact Holly Jewkes at 541-225-6311 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR Walter Hislop at 503-668-1799 or email@example.com
- Watford City, ND - For additional information, please contact Curtis Grudniewski at 701-842-8528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions on how to apply, please see the Agency Contact Information which is listed below.
Occasional travel - Travel could be required a few times a year for training and work assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513205700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.