This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Logistics Management Office (LMO), Facilities and Space Management Division. The Logistics Management Office provides cost effective, timely, and accurate facilities and space management, property management, mail, and publication support to the Office of Inspector General.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participates in planning, formulating and implementing space policy and procedures for the administration of an effective space management program for the OIG offices, worldwide.
- Conducts special studies or projects which relate to the development and implementation of uniform policies, criteria, procedures and standards governing the assignment and utilization of general purpose space, or the development or comprehensive report procedures.
- Prepares and provides sets of AutoCAD drawings of new or renovated office space, equipment and systems from sketches, marked up prints and verbal instructions. Drawings contain information concerning the location, design, materials, dimensions, standard parts, etc. that is necessary to carry out construction, demolition and systems furniture installation and alteration projects.
- Prepares complete sets Design Intent Drawings (DIDs) for all facilities, space, and telecommunications requirements.
- Coordinates, obtains or develops cost estimates for budgeting purposes for a variety of multiple-use leased space construction projects.
- Maintains space allocation standards, records, spreadsheets, plans, files and charts for an effective space management program.
- Works with OIG components, GSA Regional Offices, WHS components for projects within the National Capital Region (NCR), construction contractors and others to develop and carry through to completion all alterations, renovations and systems furniture installation or alterations projects.
- Plans and coordinates with OIG components moves of office furniture and equipment due to changes in space allocations
- Prepares detailed AutoCAD floor plans, layouts for location of furniture, telecommunications equipment, lines and wall jacks, electrical requirements and special furniture and equipment items and coordinates the same with the services staff and the customer components.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 30% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512985000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.