What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements: Open to all U.S. citizens: RES-2018-0360
As a Director within the National Climate Adaptation Science Center (NCAS), Regional Climate Adaptation Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Oversees the development, coordination, and/or execution of a regional-scale climate change research program, to include biological, ecological or physical sciences, and projects that will increase scientific understanding of the impacts of climate change on fish, wildlife, habitats, and cultural resources while also ensuring compatibility with NCASC, USGS, and DOI goals.
- Assesses the need for internal policy or procedural changes and provides advice to improve the effectiveness and responsiveness of the NCASC science program.
- Supervises and manages staff to meet the goals of the CASC, and in accordance with statutory/regulatory requirements and Bureau/Office policies.
- Defines regional climate change research needs, prepares new funding initiatives, and recommends specific funding amounts based on importance for successfully meeting regional resource management goals.
- Makes programmatic decisions at the regional CASC that affect priorities and funding.
- Maintains liaison with, briefs, and responds to inquiries from Congress, other Federal agencies, states, DOI, OMB, NCASC, and other USGS staff personnel on regional CASC research activities, funding scientific developments and results, policy, regulations, legislation, jurisdiction, litigation, and other issues and problems.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel up to 7 nights per month may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511857000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.