Mission Statement:Learn more about this agency
DHRA's mission is to provide program support, information management, and administrative services to the DoD Components on human resource matters and to collect, archive and provide management information, research and analysis of human resources and other related functional area databases for the DoD.
As a PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST at the GS-1035-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serving as the Employer Marketing and Public Relations Specialist of the National Outreach & Plans Directorate (NOP).
- Planning, developing and executing coordinated marketing & public affairs activities and campaigns related to Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) programs, predominately the employer outreach and recognition programs and activities, the ombudsmen services and military outreach.
- Analyzing and evaluating the organization program needs to advise management officials of the activities and campaigns necessary to achieve organization's program goals.
- Providing consultation and communication plans to leadership and management officials in order to develop comprehensive public affairs, social and traditional media relations, and engagement campaigns and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with representatives of national and DoD public affairs/media representatives, Reserve Component Service public affairs representatives, national social and traditional media representatives, to successfully execute campaigns, develops key regional, local traditional and social media interest in the organization and its mission.
- Explaining, relating, and defending controversial agency issues to convey accurate and timely information regarding the ESGR mission and supporting programs while avoiding public misunderstandings.
- Analyzing the organization's activities for situations that might have public impact and developing a recommended program or plan of action to minimize adverse publicity.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511766900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.