About the Position: The Creative Arts Therapist positio is located at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in the Traumatic Brain Injury/NICOE Behavioral Health department. This position will also include community outreach programs.Learn more about this agency
- Independently plan, coordinate, and provide a broad range of advanced creative arts therapy services designed to meet the individually assessed needs of a wide range of psychiatric, substance abuse, and medical patients.
- Design sessions using creativity and spontaneity to provide patients safe ways to experience and acknowledge expressions on a non-verbal and verbal level.
- Evaluate clients with an art therapy assessment.
- Evaluate the history, interests, aptitudes, and skills of patients by interviews, inventories, tests, and measurements.
- Adapt or modify treatment procedures and employ new approaches and techniques where objectives are difficult to achieve due to the complexity and severity of patient's mental and medical condition.
- Maintain records of patients' progress and reports findings to multidisciplinary treatment team for use in establishing unique individualized treatment plans.
- Document progress, and planning and implementing termination sessions and termination summaries.
- ?Develop unique and challenging mental health treatments through the creative arts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511620000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.