This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Special Plans and Operations (SPO). SPO provides inspection and evaluation oversight reports that address priority national security objectives and congressionally mandated projects in order to enable informed, timely decision-making by DoD and congressional leaders.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position serves as a senior program analyst, multi-functional subject matter expert and leader of teams or projects conducted in joint, interagency and multinational force environments. Typical duties include:
- Leads teams or projects using a matrix approach; provides instruction to the team, assigns and reviews work; monitors progress of projects and ensures accomplishment of established objectives; reports to higher management on project status.
- Oversees or develops plans, methodologies and approaches to projects. Defines scope, objectives and resources required for projects.
- Identifies cognizant staff for interview, records and information to be reviewed and prepares or ensures the preparation of project documents such as Project Charter, announcement letter, or data calls.
- Manages projects or conducts significant portions of them, adapting plans and procedures as necessary to meet established goals and objectives.
- Leads or participates in in-briefings to management of activity being reviewed.
- Gathers data, conducts interviews, analyzes data and information, prepares and documents findings.
- Leads or participates in out-briefings of activity assessed, providing and defending findings as appropriate, gaining client support for and understanding of findings and required corrective action.
- Uses TeamMate or other relevant system as required for report preparation, providing references and all supporting documentation.
- Coordinates or ensures coordination with client activity and addresses comments. Develops plans for monitoring corrective action.
- Regularly applies the Quality Standards of the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) and other evaluation standards to conduct or participate in evaluations or assessments.
Occasional travel - This position may require up to 25% temporary duty travel internationally to include possible deployment to Southwest Asia and other locations within CONUS. Applicant must be physically and medically qualified for any deployment to Southwest Asia.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511516600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.