This position is located within the Telecommunications and Information Technology Planning Division at the Institute for Telecommunication Sciences, located at the U.S. Department of Commerce Laboratories in Boulder, Colorado.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-III is equivalent to the GS-11/12.Learn more about this agency
Duties for this position:
• Study and assess the performance of telecommunication system technologies, using digital signal processing.
• Develop digital signal processing algorithms that facilitate informed decisions on future telecommunication systems.
• Perform multimedia user experience (UX) evaluation, quality of experience (QoE) testing, processing of audio & video (e.g., recording, editing, coding), and simulating networks.
• Develop complex computer programs and perform complex data analyses in several programming languages, by coding innovative algorithms, and analyzing telecommunication system requirements to establish functional
• Write, debug, and troubleshoot software in MATLAB®.
• Software development tasks involving a wide range of programming skills such as web programming, algorithm optimization, and user interface design.
• Technical report writing, delivering oral presentations, and contributing to international standards.
• Collaborating with industry, academia, or international experts in such forums as the Video Quality Experts Group (VQEG).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511503700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.