Salaries for Senior Professionals range from $126,148 to $189,000.Learn more about this agency
As a Senior Professional you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government.
As the Senior Research Engineer/Scientist/ Ballistic Missile Defense System Architect you will:
- Assess and develop the architecture of BMDS evolution, and establish the BMDS Roadmap.
- Advise the Deputy for Engineering and other MDA senior staff on issues related to BMDS architecture.
- Lead the development of BMDS gap analysis.
- Define architecture level weapon, sensor and C2BMC needs addressing BMDS gaps.
- Conducts Analysis of Alternatives.
- Develops BMDS Strategic Roadmap by prioritizing stakeholder requirements.
- Maintain awareness of technology developments, up-to-date knowledge of BMDS requirements and status of system development across BMDS Program Elements.
- Interface with MDA, Defense Agencies, and technical groups on capabilities for future missile defense systems. This includes technical and scientific developments in all aspects of space, sensor and interceptor technologies, system and component performance, capabilities for enhanced BMD performance through technological improvements to protect the homeland against critical threats.
- Prepare/present comprehensive technical reports and briefings to audiences at all technical and scientific levels.
- Identify new concepts through collaboration with MDA Advanced Technology Directorate, MDA elements, industry services and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
- Influence the marketplace via Industry Days, Broad Area Announcements, Requests for Information, and Small Business Innovation Research Areas of Interest.
- Work closely with the Military Services, the Joint Staff and the Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense Organization and other organizations/agencies as required.
- Develop roadmaps and executes plans for integrating advanced capabilities into the BMDS (e.g., counter-countermeasure mitigation, special programs, and Anti-Tamper).
- Represent the Deputy for Engineering at various professional conferences and symposia.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/511445900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.