The incumbent has responsibility for administering and coordinating a complex grants portfolio which includes serving as a technical authority and resource with external grantees and HHS staff.Learn more about this agency
As a Grants Management Specialist you will:
- Manage a complex grants portfolio including setting appropriate work priorities, applying knowledge of organizational needs and deadlines, and consistent follow-up to assure receipt of required documentation.
- Compile data necessary, including performing complex financial analysis work, for the formulation of budget estimates and participates with program staff in the planning, development, and review of grant funding requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in interpreting, developing, and applying appropriate regulations, policies, and procedures that pertain to grants and cooperative agreements.
- Ensure that all required actions are executed by recipients and the government in a timely manner both prior to, and after award.
- Review and coordinate the business management activities related to the audit resolution of monetary and non-monetary findings identified in audits conducted in accordance with accepted government accounting standards.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to program staff, other Federal staff, applicants, and recipients on all aspects of grants and cooperative agreements management.
- Represent the Agency on grants management work groups or task forces and notify the supervisor of significant developments that result from representational activities.
- Attend grant review meetings and provide administrative and budgetary information.
- Develop and negotiate budgets with program staff and the grant community to ensure costs are reasonable, allowable, and allocable using Federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position. 5% Domestic and 20% International
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510523100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.