This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Chief Information Office (CIO). The incumbent is an Information Technology Specialist in the Systems Integration Division, Data Management team, and will be responsible for the design and maintenance of critical OIG data and databases.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a senior-level expert in establishing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading databases and their associated architecture and environment to include SQL Server Policy-Based Management and windows clustering, and provides consulting in database design, set-up, maintenance, systems integration, and operating systems.
- Designs and administers production and non-production databases and performs physical data modeling, creation, normalization loading, performance tuning, and monitoring of the databases.
- Defines data flow, identifies and translates user requirements into data design, and provides design documentation for decision support.
- Provides daily oversight of database systems including establishing and managing database accounts, privileges and resources, and assurance of security and data integrity.
- Analyzes current and future agency strategic plans, operating plans, policies, and procedures; and provides support to Information Technology management staff on a variety of issues relating to database management.
- Performs installation, upgrades, configurations, and patch application for database environments and supports system operations and application use including performance monitoring, system tuning, and help desk call support.
Occasional travel - Approximately 5% of work time may require travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510281700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.