This position is located in the Physical and Personnel Security Division (PPSD) of the Office of Protection Services (OPS). The incumbent exercises primary responsibility for the physical security program as it applies to the client agencies within the buildings assigned in conjunction with security managers.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates system programming and configuration with electronic security hardware to ensure that system designs and installations support programming and operation of security units.
- Serves as design manager or technical expert to design managers in charge of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and electronic security system, physical barrier system, X-ray machines, magnetometers and emergency voice system designs.
- Assembles and delivers drawings and documentation of facilities and existing systems.
- Researches new equipment, performs evaluations and studies to identify new technologies and manufactures that support the OPS mission.
- Conducts periodic technical inspections of equipment to ensure that the system operates in a manner that optimizes OPS security programs and objectives.
- Reviews and comments on designs and arranges meetings with staff to provide assistance to design engineers.
- Participates in engineering design meetings and contributes information related to engineering.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510188900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.