OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Review. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
The IT Specialist (DATAMGT), located in the Office of Office of Management and Administration, is responsible for providing automated data processing and analysis as well as advanced electronic data processing support to all directorates within the OIG, including the: Office of Investigations, Office of Audit, Office of Management and Administration, Office of Healthcare Inspections, and the Counselor to the Inspector General.
This position will be filled in one of the following locations: Baltimore, MD, Austin, TX, Denver, CO, Kansas City, MO, Washington DC or Salt Lake City, UT
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Provide OIG components with comprehensive data analysis support.
- Serve as an expert in the interpretation of policies, procedures, and guidelines governing the provision of database management and data analysis support throughout the OIG.
- Work closely with VA and other governmental and private sector agencies to obtain databases and files for OIG use that will improve staff output, provide better product, and increase productivity within the OIG.
- Develop data models for the technical design and structure of data in the database and ensure models can easily adapt to the unique and changing requirements of OIG projects and data requests; develop new data analysis methods or techniques for resolving customer requests that have not previously been solved or are new and unprecedented.
- Lead project teams in response to requests for data analysis support; plans and coordinates project design, development, and implementation including new data management schema, data structures, and access strategies in alignment with specific requests and overall OIG mission requirements.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510129400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.