These positions are located in the State Aviation Office at Camp Mabry, Austin, TX. The purpose of these positions is to pilot a variety of aircraft in support of the AASF or AVCRAD logistical and operations missions.Learn more about this agency
As a Aircraft Pilot with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Pilots a variety of fixed wing twin engine airplanes and utility helicopters to transport passengers and cargo to and from a variety of points.
- Operates aircraft with short takeoff and landing capability, generally in good or fair weather conditions, but may include all types of weather, day and night over terrain such as forests, marshlands, mountain ranges, and open seas.
- Performs maintenance operation checks (MOCs) and limited and general test flights of aircraft to ensure airworthiness upon completion of extensive disassembly for maintenance, repair or replacement of components or aircraft systems.
- Performs general or limited test flights of aircraft when ground diagnostic tests cannot determine the safe and/or proper functioning of aircraft components or systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509895200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.