This position is located within the State Aviation Office at the Dallas Army Aviation Support Facility in Dallas, TX. The purpose of this position is to manage the Operations and Training Section of the AASF and to perform flight instructor duties. The incumbent supervises 3-12 aircraft light instructors, flight engineers and flight operations specialists.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Aircraft Flight Instructor with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Directs and coordinates all light operations and training activities at the installation and supervises the AASF Flight Operations Section.
- Plans and assigns work to be accomplished by 3-12 subordinates in grades through GS-13.
- Plans, establishes and updates the standing operating procedures required for the safe and efficient operation of aircraft and transient aircraft.
- Instructs and evaluates pilots in operating light or heavy, fixed or rotary wing aircraft.
- Trains and evaluates pilots in basic or advanced instrument flight procedures characterized by a substantial degree of hazard and using the technique of
operating an aircraft through reference to instruments as well as visual reference to the terrain and horizon.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509878200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.