OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Review. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Auditor, located in the Office of Audits, Office of Inspector General (OIG), Department of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The Office of Audits oversees the annual audit of the VA financial statements and performs nationwide audits, evaluations, attestations and reviews of VA’s programs and operations.
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Research and develop audit project objectives, work plans, guidelines, scope, methods, staff requirements, and time schedules to meet project needs.
- Oversee report preparation and ensure effectiveness of presentation, adequacy of supporting data, and conformance with policies and standards.
- Develop input for annual and long-range audit plans, provide technical advice and guidance to subordinate staff for audit activities and coordination functions, and maintain close liaison with Department program and management officials in the areas of assigned responsibility.
- Review audit programs, work papers, and reports in process to ensure adherence to the audit plan and prescribed policies and standards.
- Ensure the execution of projects attain the needed level of quality and effectiveness (especially in the areas of content, clarity, and conciseness) of individual work products.
Occasional travel - 6-10 Nights Per Month. Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509860500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.