OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Review. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Management Analyst is located in the Office of Audits and Evaluations (OAE), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The position serves as a Supervisory Management Analyst and is responsible for planning and managing a wide range of OAE projects including performance audits, evaluations, inspections or reviews. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting the Division Director in managing the administrative activities of the division, and supervising a staff of auditors, management analysts, and support personnel.
As a Supervisory Management Analyst, you will:
- Supervise the research and development of project objectives, work plans, guidelines, scope, methods, staff requirements, and schedules to meet project needs.
- Develop input for annual and long-range plans, provide technical advice and guidance to subordinate staff for performance audit, evaluation, inspection, or review activities and coordination functions.
- Review programs, work papers, and reports in process to ensure adherence to the project plan and prescribed policies and standards.
- Direct revisions or other corrective action where deemed necessary to ensure projects meet quality control and applicable performance audit standards or inspection standards.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for assigned staff; provide development and cross trains staff to increase their abilities.
Occasional travel - 6-10 Nights Per Month. Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509858100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.