The incumbent serves as the principal coordinator for case management administration and administrative support services activities for the entire region. The employee is responsible for the case management and investigative technician work for the immediate office and is responsible for coordinating administrative services for the entire region. The administrative services include purchasing supplies and equipment, estimating and monitoring budget expenditures, and inventory control.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Review. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
As a Investigative Assistant, you will:
- Receive investigative reports from Special Agents (SA), input case data into the Master Case Index (MCI), develop narrative case summaries for entry into MCI.
- Generate various progress reports from MCI for the SAC, ASAC or RAC and generate various statistical reports from MCI for inclusion in the OI’s submission to the Semi Annual Report to Congress (SAR).
- Extract background information from various computerized database systems, including NCIC, BDN, PACER, SHARE, Autotrack, and PAID.
- Fully responsible for the purchasing, distribution, and management of supplies.
- Assist the IAC, RAC, ASAC or SAC in estimating an upcoming budget based on previous expenditures.
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 18-VAOIG-224-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 09-17-2018; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509700400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.