Your complete application, including required documents, must be received on-line by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact the Human Resources Specialist listed on this vacancy announcement for alternate methods of application. If you encounter technical difficulties during the application process please call 1-866-656-6831 Monday through Friday, 7:00AM to 7:00PM ET (excluding Federal holidays).
Applicants applying under this announcement are required to complete and submit an on-line application through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) application system, USAJOBS at website http://www.usajobs.gov. The information you provide and your resume will become part of your application and will automatically be transferred to the Department of Commerce's application system when you apply on-line. Information you provide is general information that must be completed by all applicants.
Your resume MUST include the following information. Failure to do so may disqualify you from consideration for the position for which you are applying.
• Full name, mailing address (including zip code), and day and evening telephone numbers.
• If you are registered for Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/59.
• Education: Provide name, city and state of all schools attended; i.e., high school, colleges and universities, vocational, trade, business, technical. Provide dates of attendance, major, and type and year of any degrees received.
• Work experience including the dates (mm/dd/yy) of each employment along with the number of hours worked per week. Include paid and Non-paid job-related work experience. For each job listed you are to provide: a. Job title b. Duties and accomplishments c. Employer's name and address d. Supervisor's name and phone number e. Starting and ending dates (mm/dd/yy) f. Salary g. If Federal; Title, Series, and grade/pay band.
• Other Job Related Qualifications Information: Provide training courses, special skills you possess, certificates and licenses, honors, awards, special accomplishments, etc. applicable to the position.
You will receive notice that your application has been received. You can check the status of your application by accessing the USAJOBS website at http://www.usajobs.gov/. - Click on the MY USAJOBS, which brings you to the login screen. - Login to your account. - You can check your status by either clicking on Track your online job Applications or on the APPLICATIONS tab. Note: USAJOBS accounts are deactivated after 18 months of inactivity. If your account has been deactivated, you should create an entirely new resume. It is to your advantage to update your resume at least twice a year to maintain your marketability and to avoid deactivation.