The incumbent serves as the Resident Agent in Charge of an investigative office within a Field Office. As such, the incumbent supervises investigative staff and conducts criminal investigations of suspected fraud within VA programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Review. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
As a Supervisory Criminal Investigator (RAC), you will:
- Exercise oversight of, and in some instances, conduct a wide range of sensitive and/or complex criminal investigations into allegations of unlawful activities adversely impacting VA programs.
- Assist the SAC in the coordination of the overall Investigative Field Office. Manage and direct a staff of criminal investigators and an investigative assistant.
- Review, accept, amend, or reject work products, and ensure full and proper utilization of staff.
- Perform personnel activities including the preparation of performance appraisals, recruitment and selection, management and discipline, and recommendation for training programs.
- Represent the OIG in meetings with various federal, state, and local investigative agencies within the area covered by the Field Office. Testify, as required, before Grand Juries or in court proceedings, or administrative hearings regarding matters investigated.
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 09-14-2018; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509605400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.