About the Position: This position is a term position NTE 13 months, and may be extended in one year increments up to a maximum of six years.Learn more about this agency
**ADMINISTRATIVE CAREERS WITH AMERICA (ACWA) ASSESSMENT: This series is covered under the Administrative Careers With America (ACWA) examining program. The position is being recruited at the GS-07 grade level. You must meet the qualification requirements for the position and take pass the ACWA assessment.**
- You will serve as the Social Media Content Specialist responsible for developing modern and engaging content to support the battalion's engagement strategy for reaching audiences as part of the recruiting mission for the U.S. Army and Army Reserve
- Assists the Advertising and Public Affairs Chief with planning social media strategies and content to communicate U.S. Army Recruiting Command's communication focus areas, priorities and missions at the battalion level.
- Engages with audiences on the battalion's social media platforms, provide content to support recruiting company and center-level social media pages.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with social media counterparts at the recruiting brigade and USAREC headquarters.
- Develops modern and engaging multimedia content that promotes public awareness of the organization and supports the recruiting mission using appropriate virtual communication tools to reach the intended audience.
- Utilizes multiple social media platforms as well as social media management tools to convey information and publicize the organization's mission.
- Monitor Army recruiting social media pages throughout the specified unit for appropriate, professional content and provide feedback and advice to page managers based on analysis of the content's effectiveness.
- Write a variety of articles and social media posts conveying information and clarifying the Agency operations, programs and activities to specialized audiences and the general public.
- Produce quality stories, photos, graphics and video products that educate the intended audience about Army opportunities and benefits and correct misperceptions about service.
Occasional travel - Business travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509591800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.