The OIG is an independent unit within HHS and reports to both the Secretary and to the Congress. The OIG has a statutory responsibility to provide the oversight necessary to protect the integrity of departmental programs as well as the health and welfare of beneficiaries served by those programs.Learn more about this agency
The position serves as an Information Technology Specialist within the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General, Office of Audit Services. The incumbent will serve on a two year term appointment with the possibility of the term appointment being extended for an additional two years to perform information security work within OAS. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing all Information System Security Program (ISSP) activities for the OIG Cyber Range Lab GSS and ensure all information security guidelines are in compliance with federal regulations. In addition, the incumbent will plan and execute specific audit and/or penetration test techniques to determine vulnerabilities in HHS systems/programs. This position requires the incumbent to have experience utilizing vulnerability scanning and penetration testing to identify and exploit vulnerabilities.
As an Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210-13, the selectee will be responsible for performing the following functions:
1. Plan and execute vulnerability assessments and penetration testing to determine vulnerabilities in HHS systems/programs.
2. Conduct or consult on complex audits, reviews, evaluations, or special projects involving HHS information technology (IT) operations.
3. Perform technical support and advisory duties for the OIG Cyber Range Lab.
4. Advise the Division Director in the preparation of reports, briefings, and recommendations to higher-level management officials.
5. Evaluate, recommend, and assist in the deployment of security solutions and applications to carry out IT audits, and mange procurement of all software and hardware for the Cyber Range Lab.
Occasional travel - You will be expected to travel 25% or greater for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509493900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.