At NSF, you will use your Student Trainee (Program Specialist) expertise in an exciting, challenging, and team-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity to use your current skills to help make NSF's vision of the future become a reality. NSF also offers a variety of formal and informal learning and development opportunities that you can use to build new skills and advance your career. If you're seeking variety and challenge in a collegial atmosphere, look no further than NSF!Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Directorate of Geosciences, Earth Sciences Division, under the Internship component of the Pathways Program. As a Student Trainee (Program Specialist), you will play a key role in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to identify business process problems with a focus on supporting program and division budget activities.
Key functions of the Student Trainee (Program Specialist) position include:
- Performing a variety of duties associated with proposal processing including redacting panel reviews/summaries (non-scientific), identifying conflicts of interest (COI), and responding to correspondence and telephone calls regarding proposal policies and systems.
- Gathering data for analysis and information sharing and conducting moderately complex qualitative analyses.
- Troubleshooting systems and provide system support for basic proposal processing systems and applications.
- Providing budget support to include creating and monitoring the budget spreadsheets and conducting financial analyses.
- Managing funds in accordance with rules and regulations and guidance to properly apply legal use of appropriate funds to prepare year-end financial status reports.
- General Administrative Support
- Data Analysis
- Program Administration
- Collaboration/Team work
Noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position is not guaranteed. The Intern’s eligibility for conversion does NOT guarantee that the agency will opt for conversion.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509469900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.