RE-OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT DUE TO RECENT SYSTEM OUTAGE. APPLICANTS WHO SUCCESSFULLY APPLIED BEFORE THE OUTAGE DO NOT HAVE TO REAPPLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.Learn more about this agency
These positions are assigned to the Farm Service Agency in the State of South Dakota with (1) position in Aberdeen, Brown County, SD; (1) in White River, Mellette County, SD; and (1) in Yankton, Yankton County, SD.
Farm Loan Officer's (FLO's) are required to successfully complete all of the requirements of the Farm Loan Training Program. FLO's may be reassigned to another training office during their training program. In addition, upon completion of training program, FLO's may be reassigned, at any time, to a different duty station if workload activity changes or vacancies occur.
This position assists the Farm Loan Manager in administering farm loan programs in a USDA Service Center serving one or more Counties.
Major responsibilities include:
- Making, servicing, and supervising loans;
- Providing technical advice, guidance, and credit counseling to loan applicants and borrowers;
- Has delegated loan approval authority to approve loans within a specific limit;
- Has knowledge of agency farm loan programs and eligibility requirements;
- Has knowledge of the technicalities of farm financing and credit, financial management concepts and practices, farm operations, land use and value, production and marketing of various crops and livestock, and prices and markets in the serviced farming areas.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509356700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.