The Deputy Inspector General for Policy and Oversight (DIG-P&O) mission is to:Learn more about this agency
Provide oversight and policy guidance for the Department of Defense audit and investigative activities.
Conduct engineering assessments of DoD programs.
Provide technical advice and support to the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General projects.
Manage the DoD OIG Subpoena and Contractor Disclosure Programs.
- Provides engineering inspections and evaluations in support of various DoDIG projects.
- Assists in designing and conducting technical inspections and evaluations that are independent and objective in highly technical areas.
- Participates in and/or leads investigations, audits, and evaluations.
- Collects and compiles data for completing analysis, tabulations, charts and graphs.
- Develops proposed findings and recommendations from inspections and evaluations.
- Provides DoDIG and employees with technical and professional assistance on engineering matters.
- Provides guidance on major weapons production engineering, system logistics and modification support, commodities and services, construction and architect engineer procurement and procurements by foreign governments.
- Prepares and presents reports for investigations, audits, and evaluations in writing and orally.
- Reviews systems and acquisition programs at various life cycle stages from technology development through production and deployment.
- Researches new government and industry engineering developments.
- Evaluates and provides comments on proposed audits, investigations, evaluations or studies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509147300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.