Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
Who May Be Considered:
Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesIf selected for this position you will perform the following and related tasks in the accomplishment of the organization's mission:
This is a career ladder position. Level of responsibility and independence will vary based on grade level.
- Develop, plan, and implement communications tactics for assigned external affairs and strategic communication initiatives with a focus on ensuring effective presentation of NPPD's mission, programs, operations and policies
- Develop communication strategies and tactics through collaboration with senior leadership and subject matter experts in operational mission organizations
- Determine the most effective approaches to employ in reaching targeted external stakeholder groups
- Modify strategies or plans to more effectively communicate programs and functions
- Provide public information to explain programs and policies refute inaccuracies
- Draft, edit and finalize a variety of products, including External Affairs Guidance, reports, pamphlets, website content, fact sheets, operational and strategic plans, exercise injects, crisis communication plans
- Represent external affairs on work groups and committees responsible for addressing communications programs and issues
- Obtain feedback from the public and other internal and external groups in developing new approaches to use in meeting both the communication needs of external stakeholders and the goals of NPPD
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508758500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.