Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Public Affairs located in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of the position is to serve as Director with responsibility for managing, directing and supervising the Digital Media Engagement Division. OPA digital media engagement personnel engage the public, the media, stakeholders and the CBP workforce via social media, CBP's websites and internal and external visual information display systems. This position starts at a salary of $134,789.00 (GS-15, Step 1) to $164,200.00 (GS-15, Step 10) with promotion potential to $164,200.00 (GS-15, Step 10).
- Manages and directs the establishment of national policies, programs and procedures governing information functions related to CBP's digital media engagement efforts, including web and social media and is a direct report to the Office of Public Affairs Assistant Commissioner and Deputy Assistant Commissioner.
- Formulates long-range plans and objectives for consideration for the public affairs digital media engagement program in support of CBP's mission.
- Develops management strategies in executing a public affairs digital media engagement program that effectively conveys sensitive and controversial information, which is subject to varied interpretations, to a wide variety of publics and the workforce.
- Advises the AC and DAC about public attitudes toward CBP as well as reactions to achievements, incidents, policies and operations. Responds to requests for information, both formal and informal, oral or written, often requiring detailed research and development of explanation of comments concerning CBP activities.
- Develops annual goals, plans the work to be accomplished; assigns, accepts, amends and/or rejects assignments; sets priorities; prepares schedules for the completion of work; ensures a satisfactory amount and quality of work; evaluates performance, recommends promotions, details, and/or reassignments; hears and resolves employee complaints, effects disciplinary measures; and provides for developmental and training needs.
- In collaboration with other divisions within OPA, establishes and maintains external relationships via social media engagement. Responsible for using a variety of methods and techniques in achieving communication goals. Monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of web and social media programs. Analyzes reviews and reports on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508733700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.