The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Tobyhanna Army Depot, Directorate of Installation Services, Community Services Division, PASS Auto Shop
- Performs all maintanance and repairs on vehicles which may include buses, vans, and various types of rental equipment with the PASS Autoshop.
- Independently overseas the PASS Auto Shop in order to plan the activities, develops program priorities, and determines how resources will be allocated.
- Ensures that adequate levels of repair parts are maintained. Prepares forms necessary to obtain repair. Ensures that monthly inventories of controlled property are performed and reports discrepancies to supervisor as they occur.
- Insures that safety procedures are followed relative to items stored and issued such as dangerous gases , gasoline, other combustible materials, and hazardous waste products to ensure they are handled in a safe manner in accordance with guidelines
- Ensures that staff comprehends the proper and safe operation of potentially dangerous items such as gasoline engines, oil, or electrical systems and briefs customers on correct operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508664700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.