OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Review. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
As a Health System Specialist, you will:
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies. Conduct research on public health issues and applicable guidelines to assist in the development of projects.
- Plan and design program evaluations, executing oversight of assigned VHA Quality Management/patient care activities and health care issues.
- Identify and collect data from various sources; lead, assist, and consult with teams to target data needs for complex program evaluations; evaluate the data to ensure that they meet analytic needs; prepare the data for analysis; and conduct data analyses.
- Select, apply, and assess analytic models and techniques, and review and verify the results.
- Prepare reports and briefings and consults with stakeholders, not limited to, but including congressional representatives, VHA senior and executive leadership, OIG senior and executive leadership, to communicate findings to internal and external stakeholders
50% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508458700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.