The Surgery Service is seeking a full-time Staff Optometrist for the Evansville Health Care Center, who can be an independent practitioner responsible for patient care activities in the Eye Clinic.
- Planning, coordinating and exercising professional judgment in initiating and implementing administrative and clinical decisions.
- Incumbent must be able to exercise independent professional judgment in diagnosing the full range of optometric conditions as well as planning and executing the necessary treatment programs to meet complex and frequent changes in the treatment objective.
- The incumbent is responsible for examining, diagnosing, and performing specific optometric treatments for conditions of the vision system.
- He/she will be responsible for examining vision, eye, and related structures to determine the presence of vision anomalies, diseases, and/or other abnormalities; treating eye conditions by prescribing and adapting spectacle lenses, optical aids, etc., referring patients to other health professionals for further diagnosis and treatments.
- He/she will be responsible for precepting Optometry students, as well as participating in weekly education.
- He/she will perform other duties as assigned by management.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, excluding Federal Holidays
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508375800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.