SummaryApplying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
Who May Be Considered: Learn more about this agency
In this position, you will serve as a Writer-Editor responsible for writing and editing materials, such as reports, inquiries, articles, newsletters, magazines, news releases, training materials, brochures, interpretive handbooks, pamphlets, guidebooks, reference works, speeches, and/or scripts as well as other documentation that may be both complex and controversial. Typical work assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and publishing written materials that codify communications processes, explaining and presenting information that addresses the mission goals, programs, and functions of an organization.
- Coordinating internal communications written products.
- Working with internal stakeholders, both in senior leadership and in SME roles, to ensure strong coordination, communication, procedures, and processes.
- Maintaining relationships with and acting as liaison to government officials; media and other key stakeholders for public affairs.
- Delivering presentations on a variety of topics, including in briefings to senior leadership.
- Coordinating cross-organizational campaigns and communications projects in support of leadership objectives.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of cybersecurity program content and pertinent information for inclusion in written materials; and using an advanced knowledge of web publishing processes and document design principles to prepare written guidance to higher level reviewing officials.
- Drafting and execution of Standard Operating Procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508367400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.