CYS Recruitment Fair will be held at Eagle's Pride Golf Course on Oct. 2 & 23 and Nov. 13, 2018. The day is as follows: 8-10am with accepting applications, 10am-12nn management will conduct on-the-spot interviews of qualified applicants, 12-3pm tentative job offers and fingerprinting. If you attend, please bring at least two (2) copies of your resume and at least six (6) references not related to you.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) in one or more CYS programs. Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements activities and special events for program participants that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs of children and youth, to include those with special requirements.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth and adults.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedule. Assists children and youth with special projects, homework and life skills.
- Supervises children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events. Helps arrange for/serve appropriate snacks/meals where applicable.
- Interacts with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques. Interacts professionally with staff members, parents, and the Command.
- Observes program participants for signs that may indicate illness, abuse or neglect and reports as directed.
- Ensures children and youth depart with authorized person according to written parental instruction. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508315400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.