This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of General Counsel. The incumbent serves as a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) expert and is responsible for the overall direction and implementation of the FOIA, Privacy, and Civil Liberties programs.Learn more about this agency
- Supervises the FOIA, PA and Civil Liberties Office staff, including Division Chiefs.
- Assesses the overall structure, organization, and management of the FOIA, Privacy and Civil Liberties Office, and formulating and implementing appropriate changes.
- Provides legal advice and counsel regarding FOIA and PA matters.
- Establishes and maintains effective liaison and coordination with OIG staff.
- Reviews, analyzes and comments on proposed legislation.
- Communicates actions under strict time limits imposed by statue, regulations, and or court order to ensure team compliance.
- Creates and implements processes to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Plans and assigns work to subordinate supervisors, and teams. Establishes office priorities and program goals.
- Establishes performance plans, evaluations, and other personal actions for the team, and clearly communicates expected standards.
- Assigns, directs, and reviews subordinates work and applies appropriate statutory and regulatory requirements, including correctly citing appropriate FOIA and PA exemptions.
Occasional travel - you may be expected to occasionally travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507848200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.