This position is located in the Office of Congressional and Public Affairs, Maritime Administration (MARAD).
This position is established to perform staff work on legislative initiatives, active legislation, congressional correspondence, hearings, congressional visits, briefings, and internal communication.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the legislative process sufficient to research, analyze, and compile information concerning past, present, and upcoming legislation; monitor various legislative meetings/sessions; and keep senior level officials apprised of significant issues or modifications. Possesses writing, speaking, and presentation skills to interact with stakeholders as required.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 25 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE CLOSING DATE OR AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY WE RECEIVE THE 25TH APPLICATION, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days for these locations.Learn more about this agency
As a Legislative Affairs Specialist, you will:
- Gather, exchange, monitor, and clarify information on legislative initiatives related to transportation and industry issues; preparing fact papers; briefing material and reports; and maintaining liaison internal and external to the Executive Branch in order to keep abreast of legislative initiatives.
- Be responsible for assignments that are intermediate in difficulty requiring interpretation and adaptation of guidelines to secure results; participates in complex studies and projects designed to develop broader expertise.
- Gather and analyze basic facts and draw conclusions.
- Prepare briefings that will be provided to the Administrator and senior level officials in preparation for participation at congressional hearings and for other congressional contacts.
- Provide advice and assistance, to coordinate actions, to make recommendations, to disseminate information, and to solve problems.
Occasional travel - Some travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507709500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.