NOTE: This position is being advertised concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Current federal employees and applicants under special hiring authorities (e.g., Disabilities Program, Peace Corps, Former overseas employee, Former National Guard Technician, etc.) who wish to be considered may also apply under Merit Promotion procedures, Job Announcement number JD10280007GHD Open: 08/09/2018 Close: 08/22/2018.Learn more about this agency
Who May Apply: Applications will be accepted from current and former competitive service Federal employees, and people eligible under special hiring authorities such as the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Disabilities Program, etc.
Note: Duty station may be in College Park, MD or a Long Distance Telework location negotiable after selection. (Salary range will depend on duty station. The salary range shown above is for College Park.)
This position is located within the Office of Innovation (V), Digital Engagement Division (VE), Web and Social Media Branch (VES). The Office of Innovation is responsible for the Digital Strategy efforts, including the National Archives Catalog and online access and engagement efforts. This position serves as an Information Technology Specialist (Backend Developer), providing expert level technical support for web operations and platform (Drupal) development for the agency's websites, including Archives.gov.
As an IT Specialist (Backend Developer), GS-2210-13, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
The major duties of this position are back-end web development in Drupal and web server administration.
- Develop new websites/microsites in Drupal; implement custom themes in Drupal; develop custom website components including module creation/adaptation and database integration.
- Maintain websites, including new functionality, bug fixes, platform upgrades, meeting performance and security requirements, and performing site analysis.
- Provide both AWS cloud infrastructure configuration and web server administration to support enterprise website hosting.
- Perform RDS (MySQL) database management and optimization.
- Maintain web performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and troubleshooting websites,
- Advise staff, managers, and contractors on technical and functional requirements involving web content management tools, statistical analysis packages, search engine capabilities, and database design.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507572100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.