The position serves as an epidemiologist responsible for carrying out a full range of complex epidemiologic and surveillance activities. In addition, incumbent will have responsibility for providing technical consultation and assistance to Federal, State, local and other health agencies concerning various complex epidemiology projects.Learn more about this agency
As an Epidemiologist, you will:
- Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies or scientific studies or surveys.
- Consult on, monitor, and measure the outcome of assigned programs through studies that evaluate the effectiveness of subject activities in meeting the needs of program participants.
- Participate with scientists and program consultants both in various aspects of the study or survey design process.
- Analyze study or project implementation procedures for improvement; works with program specialists and/or scientists as appropriate, to develop more viable implementation procedures and coordinates with appropriate staff to make needed changes.
- Plan and carry out quality control programs and selects appropriate epidemiologic methods to be used in quality control analysis.
- Provide scientific advice and technical assistance to various public, private, and/or nonprofit health and/or health-related agencies and organizations for specific complex programs or issues.
- Provide advice and assistance in the development and implementation of procedures,methods and strategies for obtaining and using scientific data which describe the prevalence of major health risks in an area, or the results of a scientific project or study.
- Assist in the writing of comprehensive statistical and analytic reports from major studies or continuing projects that require the use of sociological behavioral science, demographic, and/or epidemiologic analytic techniques and evaluation, and application of the latest technology.
- Participate in the syntheses of social science and epidemiologic data to be applied toward designing effective prevention programs and practice guidelines.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507048400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.