The Office of Energy Statistics conducts a wide range of survey, statistical methods, and integration activities related to: energy consumption and efficiency; electricity; nuclear and renewable energy; oil, gas and coal supply; and petroleum and biofuels. This Office also manages the EIA data collection program and the quality control for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and quadrennial statistical reports.
Summary: A successful candidate in this position will…
- Direct a program segment that performs highly technical work with survey statistics.
- Develop, adapt and refine complex energy information survey instruments/systems, provide recommendations on modernization, efficiency and validity of survey instruments and techniques, and promote the use of effective survey systems including survey methodology.
- Provide complex technical analysis directly affecting EIA and DOE's mission objectives.
- Facilitate DOE's key statistical objectives and advance the agency's role in leading the federal government to form sound statistical, survey collection, and data analysis of energy policy and environmental statistical phenomena.
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Survey Statistician, you will:
- Serve as supervisor of professional employees, performing a full range of supervisory and related management functions.
- Operate EIA surveys using standardized business processes.
- Oversee customer care for survey operations including the resolution of customer survey support inquiries, delivering on-going respondent training on the use of EIA data collection tools, and the completion of individual surveys.
- Develop and implement standard business processes using updated information technology systems used in the collection, processing, analysis, and dissemination of survey data.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506780900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.