This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of Communications (OC).Learn more about this agency
As a Deputy Director for Communications, GS-0340-15, you will serve as key member of the Office of Communications executive leadership team as one of two Deputy Office Directors, spearheading both internal and external communications on behalf of the Agency, both tactically and strategically.
- Serve as a Deputy Director in overseeing, leading, and managing CMS' national public information/public affairs program.
- Analyze interrelated issues about CMS communications programs that affect the public, particularly the methods CMS uses to communicate mission-critical information to target audiences through various communication channels and vehicles.
- Direct project teams to ensure project management, quality management, performance, risk/issue management are integrated within the program and closely followed.
- Ensure that the Office's work supports CMS' and HHS' strategic plans, mission, vision, and values.
- Oversee technically complex projects and initiatives related to external communication activities for government programs that are of significant interest to the public and Congress.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506751900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.