This is a Work at Home (WAH) position. The Duty Station will be the selectee's home address. You must reside in either Alameda County or Santa Clara County, CA to be considered for this position. This position is responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating the partnership agreements with federal, state, local, and tribal governments, and/or local businesses and community groups to develop specific strategies to eliminate enumeration barriers in specific regions in support of the Decennial Census.
The applicant must speak fluent Vietnamese. The ideal candidate sought for this position would have deep ties to and in-depth knowledge of the norms and customs of the Vietnamese community. Ideally they would be involved with community organizations in an effort to develop professional partnerships/connections with the Vietnamese community leaders, professionals and centers of influence.
The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.Learn more about this agency
This is a Time Limited Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 2 years. This appointment may be extended at management’s discretion.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
A trial period may be required.
Relocation will NOT be paid.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Plan, develop, and coordinate the partnership agreements to ensure activities at all levels are carried out, resolve problems encountered, and determine the need for renegotiation.
- Address questions, concerns and issues related to current and potential partners and stakeholders.
- Establish partnership agreements with federal, local state, and tribal governments, and/or local businesses and community groups to develop specific strategies to eliminate enumeration barriers in specific regions in support of the Decennial Census.
- Develop presentations, give briefings, conduct meetings and promote partnerships with various governments, local businesses and community groups.
- Speak Vietnamese in order to make and answer calls that may come from the Vietnamese population and organizations that service the Vietnamese community in the ACO geographical area.
- Present information to audiences that predominately speak Vietnamese and translate and develop targeted informational and promotional materials from Vietnamese to English, and English to Vietnamese when necessary.
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506161800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.