About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a full-time civilian faculty position at the U.S. Army War College (USAWC) as provided under Title 10 USC 4021. Initial appointment may be up to four years, with the first two years probationary. The appointment may be renewed in one- to five-year increments thereafter. Academic rank will be based on the selectee's academic credentials, experience, and professional accomplishments; however, the focus and salary are at the Assistant Professor level.
- Contributing to and teaching core courses related to national security policy and strategy formulation, theories of war and strategy, and (as appropriate) regional studies.
- Reviewing course material for accuracy and relevance.
- Engaging in scholarship that advances knowledge in fields relevant to the curriculum.
- Providing counsel to faculty and students on subjects related to history, theory and strategy and war, strategy, international relations, government, and other U.S. policy and strategy systems and procedures.
- Designing and teaching elective courses and directed studies for students.
- Assist in developing models for historical understanding of use to strategic leaders.
- Coordinating with external agencies on behalf of the U.S. Army War College.
- Engaging in service (internal and external) in support of institutional missions.
- Serving annually as a faculty instructor for one seminar, faculty advisor for up to six students, and project advisor for student research projects.
- Other duties may include supporting the development and execution of regional studies courses; and/or supporting the development and execution of the National Security Seminar.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel (domestic and/or international) for this position up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505987400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.