The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local Hire. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Stars and Stripes Pacific, Tokyo, Japan
- Specializes in the production of print business products, overseeing four community newspapers - Stripes Japan, Stripes Okinawa, Stripes Korea and Stripes Guam - as well as several monthly and quarterly supplements and three annual magazines.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. Maintains constant focus on branding, product offerings and benefits to the Stars and Stripes military and civilian community.
- Works closely with Revenue, Member Services and Production to provide execution and delivery of print projects.
- Supervises two writers who are responsible for coverage of mainland Japan, Okinawa, Korea and Guam.
- Edits copy of writers and outside sources who contribute content.
- Works closely with graphic artists when planning and laying out the business products.
- Communicates with military public affairs, leaders and groups as well as individual readers and outside organizations that contribute content.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505915400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.