The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local Hire.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Stars and Stripes Pacific, Tokyo, Japan
- Specializes in the production of print business products, overseeing four community newspapers - Stripes Japan, Stripes Okinawa, Stripes Korea and Stripes Guam - as well as several monthly and quarterly supplements and three annual magazines.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. Maintains constant focus on branding, product offerings and benefits to the Stars and Stripes military and civilian community.
- Works closely with Revenue, Member Services and Production to provide execution and delivery of print projects.
- Supervises two writers who are responsible for coverage of mainland Japan, Okinawa, Korea and Guam.
- Edits copy of writers and outside sources who contribute content.
- Works closely with graphic artists when planning and laying out the business products.
- Communicates with military public affairs, leaders and groups as well as individual readers and outside organizations that contribute content.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505915400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.