About the Position: The Alaska District is seeking to fill a Civil Engineering Technician GS-11 Geomatics position located in the Engineering, Construction and Operations Division, Geotechnical & Engineering Services Branch, Geomatics Section. An ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background in Geospatial Database Systems (GDS) and advanced modeling AutoCAD skills, a leader and problem solver with excellent communication and customer service skills.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for gathering, managing, and manipulating geospatial data within a Geographic Information System (GIS) platform, implements data validation procedures and certifies data before it is posted to Intranet or eGIS.
- Provide technical consultation and advice on developing innovative GIS approaches, procedures and products for a wide variety of program and project requirements encompassing all Corps of Engineer missions.
- Work with subject matter experts throughout the District in applying GIS tools to a project or study to ensure that the development of maps, graphics, and visualization products meet accuracy and content requirements.
- Support design and construction by publishing design phase plan sets, packaging design analyses, specifications, and drawings in pdf format.
- Support Corps of Engineers and District CAD users by creating and modifying Civil 3D Styles, Imperial and metric templates, and troubleshooting CAD software configuration and settings issues.
- Prepare scopes of work and government estimates, provide technical support in contract negotiations, and serve as Contracting Officer?s Representative (COR) during execution of GIS-related task orders to Architect-Engineer contracts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505773300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.