The Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA/Administrative Officer of the Day/AOD) is responsible to represent the Chief, Health Administration Services, in administrative matters.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include (but are not limited to):
- Delegated full authority of the Medical Center Director for administrative activities occurring during irregular tours.
- Interprets Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) rules and regulations relating to determining legal entitlement to benefits.Authorized as certifying officer for documents pertaining to the administration of laws concerning the VA.Ensure that appropriate legal, regulatory and policy requirements are met.
- Provides administrative authority, guidance, and advice to the Medical Officer of the Day (MOD) and all other clinical staff concerning administrative matters necessary for operation of the medical center during other than normal tours.
- Provides orientation and situational technical advice to physicians regarding VA policies and procedures.
- Assists medical center staff with medically related issues. Coordinates non-routine contacts received at the medical center after regular operating hours.
- Receives and responds to non-routine patient condition inquiries and other administrative inquiries.
- Oversees determination of applicants' eligibility.Determines extent of release of information, safeguarding and ensuring rights of the patient.
- Functions as Patient Representative/ombudsman during tour of duty.
- Administratively approves and coordinates tests and procedures which cannot be done at the medical center or higher level of needs requirements.
- Coordinates patient referrals and transfers to and from the medical center.
- Prepares daily statistical reports.
- Provides daily report/log of all activities occurring during tour of duty.
- Advises Veterans regarding changes in laws and regulations.
Work Schedule: The hours cover all tours, days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays depending upon the needs of the Medical Center.
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: GS-0303-06_20104-A and GS-0303-07_20079a-BHS-8493_Medical Administrative Assistant
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505634000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.