The incumbent serves as an Ethics Desk Officer for Service Regions and programs providing authoritative Bureau-wide ethics advice, opinions, training and policy guidance for all levels of employees throughout the Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) including senior managers, scientists and other employees. The incumbent ensures that the ethics advice provided meets all statutory and regulatory requirements of the Office of Government Ethics (OGE), DOI, and the unique needs of FWS employees.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Bureau-wide subject-matter expert on a wide range of complex, often unprecedented, and highly sensitive ethics issues and problems that significantly influence FWS operations.
- Reviews outside work requests, requests for travel payments from non-Federal sources, financial disclosure reports and a variety of other ethics forms/documents.
- Reviews and recommends approval or disapproval of complex or senior-level employee requests to: engage in outside activities, attend widely attended gatherings, accept gifts, and accept payments from non-Federal sources.
- Ensures that ethics requirements are considered in the development of Bureau-wide policies such as: work with foundations and other FWS partnerships; procedures and guidance for the acceptance of contributions under the FWS gift authority.
- Reviews and approves (as required) confidential financial disclosure reports.
- Ensures that ethics program files, correspondence, advisory opinions, memoranda of understanding (MOUs) and waivers, new employee certifications, and training records are adequate to meet or exceed OGE program review (audit) requirements.
- Develops and works in collaboration with the Ethics Policy Branch and other to develop and present training to include satellite broadcasts, online training, and instructor-led training.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505344000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.