This Human Resources (HR) Specialist position is located in the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Human Capital Management (HCM), Policy, Program, and Integration Division.Learn more about this agency
- Oversees the agency Priority Placement program regarding procedures on eligible applicant eligibility for proper consideration or rights to special consideration.
- Serves as the authority on Veteran Preference procedures and Military Spouse Preference eligibility providing guidance on type of appointment and eligibility.
- Utilizes the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System, and other electronic processing and record keeping systems to manage and report data; tracks and reports time-to-hire metrics
- Provides management advisory staffing service on recruitment strategies pertaining to competitive, excepted and special hiring flexibilities.
- Processes applications through USA Staffing using relevant procedures, applying OPM guidance and regulation.
- Provides training to management and human resources specialists on the full utilization ofrecruitment automated system.
- Serves as the agency resources on issues involving the recruitment automated system and complies with OPM guidance of operation.
- Serves as Administrator for the USA Staffing/recruitment automated system with responsibility for issuing system licensed and approval access.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505311500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.