This position is located at the Census Bureau's New York Regional Census Center in New York, NY.
This position is responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating the partnership agreements with federal, tribal, state and local governments, and/or local businesses and community groups to develop specific strategies to eliminate enumeration barriers in specific regions in support of the Decennial Census.
This is a time limited opportunity not-to-exceed (NTE) 2 years. This position may be extended or terminated earlier at management's discretion.
A supervisory trial period may be required.
Relocation expenses WILL NOT be paid.
Learn more about this agency
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
- Supervise and oversee professional and clerical staff assigned to the Partnership Program in the Regional Census Center (RCC).
- Coordinates, develops, and oversees partnerships with state, local and tribal governments, community-based organizations, faith bases groups, schools, media outlets, and other business to build awareness and motivate participation in the Decennial Census.
- Conduct research, analyze RCC area, develop plans, objectives, and strategies for the Community Partnership and Engagement Programs (CPEP).
- Communicate with RCC staff, headquarters, local media, community leaders, and the public that reside in the RCC area to support census field operations and the Community Partnership and Engagement Programs (CPEP).
- Ensure the correct allocation of program resources, effective customization to address the specific needs and challenges of the RCC communities.
Occasional travel - Position requires occasional travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All US Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505243000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.