This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the closing date. This is a Supervisory Geographer position located at the New York Regional Census Center in New York, NY. The primary purpose of this position is to provide professional support in geographic operations including all automated map production and all update digitizing associated with preparing for and conducting to decennial pretests and decennial.
This position has a positive education requirement-please refer to the education section for additional information.
This is a Time Limited Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed (NTE) 2 years. This appointment may be extended at management’s discretion.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
A supervisory trial period may be required.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.Learn more about this agency
- Reviews proposals, plans, and specifications for geographical operations, makes recommendations and offers suggestions about general data collection specifications in regards to the geography of the area to be considered.
- Engages in analytic and comparative studies with the aim to evaluate the definitions of geographic area for the Decennial Census.
- Manages a technical and non-technical staff to plan, develop, and implement the regional geographic program.
- Communicates with the public and other agencies regarding census operations, geographic products, and the use of census data.
- Communicates the statistical methodology, techniques of data collection and sampling.
25% or less - Occasional travel may be required - 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All qualified United States citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505171100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.