This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the closing date. This is a Supervisory Geographer position located at the New York Regional Census Center in New York, NY. The primary purpose of this position is to provide professional support in geographic operations including all automated map production and all update digitizing associated with preparing for and conducting to decennial pretests and decennial.
This position has a positive education requirement-please refer to the education section for additional information.
This is a temporary promotion opportunity not-to-exceed (NTE) 2 years. This position may be extended or terminated earlier at management's discretion. At the conclusion of the temporary promotion, the employee will return to their position of record (please refer to the "Note" in Who May Apply regarding return rights).
Relocation expenses MAY be paid.
A supervisory trial period may be required.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.Learn more about this agency
- Reviews proposals, plans, and specifications for geographical operations, makes recommendations and offers suggestions about general data collection specifications in regards to the geography of the area to be considered.
- Engages in analytic and comparative studies with the aim to evaluate the definitions of geographic area for the Decennial Census.
- Manages a technical and non-technical staff to plan, develop, and implement the regional geographic program.
- Communicates with the public and other agencies regarding census operations, geographic products, and the use of census data.
- Communicates the statistical methodology, techniques of data collection and sampling.
25% or less - Occasional travel may be required - 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current or Former Federal Government Employee on:
- Excepted or
- Competitive Service Appointments
NOTE: Current Census Bureau employees holding a permanent position (competitive or excepted service) will have return rights to their permanent position of record. Employees outside of Census Bureau will not have return rights back to their permanent position of record.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505170900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.